Condominium Insurance 

First Choice Insurance Services is Long Island's Leading provider of Condominium Insurance. Our extensive network of carriers give us the ability to competitively quote a wide range of insurance types.

Condominiums, townhouses, and certain residential homes held in a homeowner association often require insurance provides coverage for the inside of your dwelling while the external areas fall under the jurisdiction the master policy held by the association. Our clients normally come to us after having to pay large sums out of pocket toward loss assessments on other properties of the same development. "Condo insurance for less" does not have to mean that it covers less. We make sure our client's personal property insurance covers everything in their condo, their loss assessments are always covered and things like their interior walls, appliances, and decor are all covered.

Whether your looking for townh3ouse insurance, condo insurance or insurance in a homeowner association we know can give the right guidance because of our experience and network of partner carriers.

condo building.jpg

Am i required to have Condominium Insurance?

Condominiums, townhouses, and certain residential homes held in a homeowner association do require you to provide insurance for your property. If you own the property outright and are not in a mortgage agreement with the bank, another interested party, or homeowners association then you can choose whether or not to have insurance. Most of our clients do not own outright and so they use us to ensure that the premium they pay for insurance covers them fully. We take a hands-on approach and work in collaboration with your mortgage company or homeowners association to make sure you get the best possible experience.

How much will Condominium Insurance Cost?

The average condo owner here in New York will pay about 700 per year on condo insurance however all insurance is priced on a case-by-case basis. To determine the cost of your insurance we must take a few factors into account. They included but are not limited to your insurance loss history, credit, the size, quality and location of the property as well as the value of other financial assets that would otherwise be exposed in case of events that lead to a lawsuit on the property. Speak to us today so we can clarify the necessary coverage and quote you most accurately.

What is included in my Condominium Insurance Policy?

Condominiums, townhouses, homes held in a homeowner association qualify for coverage under these policies. The coverage is often described as "from the sheetrock in" meaning interior walls, carpets countertops, cabinets, and personal possessions inside of your dwelling are covered under your dwelling coverage. The external areas fall under the jurisdiction of the master policy held by the condo or homeowners' association. The homeowners association pays a large deductible to their master policy each time a resident has an exterior claim. The association reserves the right to charge all residences with a fraction of the total loss, this is known as a loss assessment. Our clients don't have to worry about these loss assessment charges because we make sure we fit all our condo policies with a necessary loss assessment coverage. This way they never have to come out of pocket because the homeowners association suffered a loss.

Interested in a Condominium Insurance quote call us today 631-392-4415


What will your Condo/townhouse/HOA Insurance cover:

Dwelling insurance/Building - Property Protection this coverage may pay for the interior structures and finishings of the property due to a covered loss.

Personal Insurance - This may cover personal injury, slander, and another punitive claim.

Family liability -  This will pay for bodily injury and lost wages that are a result of injuries which you are found liable for as they occurred in the condo.

Guest medical payments - This is a set amount of money that will be given for the personal injury of guests while they are in your house.

Loss Assessments - This is a set amount of money insurance will provide for a loss assessment which will allow a homeowner association to repair any exterior structures and finishings.

Additional Living Expense - This covers your hotel or other living expense when you have been displaced after a covered loss

Personal property - This covers the contents of your home- any personal belongings which stay in the home. There are normally limits on particular high-value items.

Select Value Property Insurance - This allows you to select a value for specific personal property that you would like to replace for a specific value. example Jewelry, Watches, Furs, and guns

Personal Property Off-Premises - This covers the contents of your home any personal belongings which you have brought with you away from your home

Identity Theft Expense - This provides a set amount of funds in the event that your identity is stolen

Fire department fee insurance - This covers some of the fees associated with the fire department in the event of a covered loss.

Improvements, Alterations, and Additions - This increases your dwelling coverage to account for potential improvements and alterations.

Reasonable Repairs coverage - This may pay for any reasonable costs incurred to protect insured property from further damage if the cause of loss is covered.

Electronics Insurance - This coverage towards replacing stolen or damaged electronics in the event of a covered loss

Crime insurance - This covers your home from damage due to vandalism and malicious mischief

Death indemnity - A small amount of money that pays if an accident leads to death

Identity Theft Expense - This provides a set amount of funds in the event that your identity is stolen